What is the purpose of the UK Structured Products Association?
The UK Structured Products Association ('UKSPA') was established in 2009 by the leading manufacturers of structured products within the UK financial services market. Its purpose is to provide a central voice for the structured products industry, with the aim of educating the investment community and working with regulators to ensure transparency and consistency.
What are the UK Structured Products Associationís main activities?
Today, the association has growth to 16 members that represent the leading companies within the UK, and serves a number of important functions, including:
- Engaging with financial regulators
- Developing best practice guidelines
- Providing education and information to retail investors
- Responding to media enquiries on behalf of the industry
- Publishing performance statistics
- Providing risk ratings to help advisers assess products
- Publishing details of members' products in one location for advisers to access and compare
- Creating thought-provoking market commentary for advisers
- Engaging with other manufacturers and regulators across Europe, via our association with Eusipa
Who can join the Association?
The UK Structured Product Association will consider applications from leading companies that directly create and distribute structured products to UK retail investors and commit to the articles of the Association and our code of practice.
For more information on how to become a member of UKSPA, please click here.